Friday, May 13, 2011

Chase Recommends The Strokes new album, "Angles"

If you haven’t listened to the new Strokes album you’ve either been living under a rock or clearly don’t know what good music is supposed to sound like. Let me show you:



Pretty sweet video too. This song is so catchy I think I just caught a cold listening to it again. The bridge and prechorus are definitely my favorite part with the building of the harmonies and the lyrics that just hit home.

"Don't go that way. I'll wait for you.
I'm tired of all your friends, Knocking down your door.
Get up in the morning and give it your all.
So long, my friend and adversary."

Major props to Albert Hammonds Jr. for getting clean and helping make a phenomenal album in the process. Keep up the good work guys, looking forward to more great music from the Strokes.

On a side note, my favorite trio of white rappers are back. No I’m not talking about the Beastie Boys, whose new album launched this month, I’m talking about The Lonely Island. Andy Samberg and company have put together another slew of hilarious parody raps to be enjoyed by all. Here’s just a sample:





Check it.

No comments:

Post a Comment